Pages

“Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself... 'How did I get through all of that?"- Author Unknown

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Happy Birthday Marley



Our sweet Marley girl is 9 years old today!  It's really hard to believe we've had her this long!  She just had a check up in June after a small health scare- our first real one with her.  Other than a minor infection and being slightly overweight, she is in good health!

Since Cosmo's arrival three months ago she has really adjusted well.  She's definitely getting older and is much lazier these days, but is still happy to see us when we get home and food motivated so she's great haha.

In honor of her birthday I made gluten free peanut butter carrot pupcakes with peanut butter cream cheese icing, garnished with beggin' strips.  I made them in mini bundt rounds and wanted to use my fancy icing applicator but silly me added chunks of the beggin' strips to the frosting before I frosted and they got stuck in the applicator.  Whoops! Not like the pups mind, lol.  I used a cookie dough scooper to lob the icing on top and added more bits for garnish.  The dogs loved them, and I liked making them.

Life has changed a lot recently- last month I was laid off from work.  It was a shock, I had worked there for seven years.  I have taken it all with stride, and have been enjoying my small break from the working world.  I have taken time to take care of myself, serve my husband in a loving, selfless way, pamper my dogs in the ways I have always wanted, I have been able to reconnect with some friends, catch up on SLEEP, cook and bake, prep and freeze bulk foods, and go shopping with my mother in law.  We have gone on a concert-cation in Dallas, and enjoyed everything that has come along with me being at home more.  I have learned a lot about organizing, cleaning, and caring for our home.  I have been outside more in the last few weeks than I have in the last 7 years combined.

We've really just decided to be still and know things are going to be okay.  We have an unwavering faith that we've already been taken care of and have aligned our actions for that!  Thanks for reading!!

No comments: